KGG has aslo had the following experience in the world of plants and landscaping:
- Propagating nursery based at Albertvale Farm since 2000.
- A small collection of heritage seeds collected over many years both from vegetable and decorative plant specimans which also now includes locale endemic indigenous plants.
- 4 large landscaped public park spaces for the Department of Environmental Affairs in South Africa- landscape design and full planting plan for two different towns 2007 – 2009 These parks each have a theme: an Aloe and succulent garden; an African medicinal garden; the memorial, scented garden and the healthy lifestyle garden.
- Management and training of all planting staff for the above project – approx. 200 staff members.
- Planning logistics for all plants ordered for this project, all research, deliveries, planting methods, placing and aftercare. This included all soil treatments prior to planting. All plants were indigenous to South Africa.
- Wrote and printed a self-help manual for eco-friendly gardening practices including a nursery start up plan, organic recipes for gardening and herbal uses and benefits.
- Both Kim and Nadine are part of the management team for the South African Rosarium garden based in Bedford – a new public garden space to preserve the genetic value of all old rose species in South Africa. This garden is recognised world wide as a collection of historical importance and is underwritten by Gwen Fagan.
- Kim’s Green Gardens company has been involved over the last 4 years with the plant search and rescue work ahead of major construction works on the windfarms in the Eastern Cape area.
- Kim’s Green Gardens has a permit to house, propagate and sell local indigenous plants from these projects.
- Kims Green Gardens has also been integrally iinvolved in the eradication and control of the Alien Vegetation on the Nojoli windfarm, this has been done using specialized people and machinery when necessary.
- KGG was also involved in reseeding and rehabilitation of veld on the Amakhala and Nojoli windfarms.
- Kim’s Green Gardens now offer the following services to construction firms: Plant research, soil rehabilitation and erosion control, alien plant control and eradication, monitoring services, mentor and training services, plant skills training, hydroseeding, eco-workshops and consultancy services.
- Kim constructed and planted a recent garden designed by Franchesca Watson, a well-known South African designer. The client is Tara Forster. All current staff were involved in the entire installation of this garden.
- Edible gardening workshops and training.